Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday Made It!

 
 

Excited to be participating in my first Monday Made It linky with 4th Grade Frolics - even though it's a bit late...

When I saw this linky I knew exactly what I wanted write my post about - My Word Garden! In my first grade classroom, I had a Garden Theme (click HERE to see a bunch of pics). My Word Garden was one of my favorite pieces of my classroom decor.

 
I made those letters (large and small), flowers, and leaves with my Cricut, found the paper at a local school supply store, and printed the words on the computer.
 
 
It was so cute, the kiddos loved it! I have posted this picture to Pinterest and it has been repinned quite a few times, I even had a few emails about the letters and other decor. Seeing this inspired me, and that is how this pack was born!
 
Click to see it at TpT!
 
After realizing there was interest out there for garden themed classrooms I created this cute Garden and Chevron themed pack! The pack includes:
 

1. “WORD GARDEN” aka Word Wall Bunting Banner
2. Word Garden Alphabet cards PDF
3. “LEARN AND GROW” Bunting Banner
4. 11 Blank - CREATE YOUR OWN BUNTING BANNER
5. Center Group Signs
6. 14 Center Signs
7. 4 EDITABLE Center Signs that match
8. Sizeable Center Rotation Cards
9. 5 Different NAME TAGS
10. CALENDAR – Chevron 12 Months and 31 Numbers with cards for holidays (Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Halloween) and birthdays (5).
11. LARGE ALPHABET
12. CLIP ART – I have included the images of the flowers and leaves I made for this pack so you will be able to create and match your own décor for your classroom to this pack.
(see my TpT store for full description)
 
I absolutely love this set. It kind of makes me want to go back to my old classroom and decorate up a storm! One of my favorite parts (besides the Word Garden) is the blank bunting! I am actually thinking about uploading them as a pack on TpT all by themselves - so many possibilities. Here are some images of my favorites:
 

 

 
Anyone else have a garden theme in their classroom? What are some of your favorite decorations?
 
Stay inspired. :)
 


8 comments:

  1. Your word garden is adorable and that new set is even cuter:) Thanks for linking up:) Love that sweet little bird on your blog! Love birds:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your word garden is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a garden theme 2 years ago. I had tons of butterflies and huge flowers - borrowed my friends cricut and made flowers. My word wall didn't look NEAR as cute as yours - let me see if I can find a pic:)

    Deniece

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute theme! I nominated you for the Leibster Award. Head over to my blog to read more about it. Teaching with Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Deniece! I had huge flowers too! Found them at hobby lobby after the garden stuff went on sale - so cute! I loved my theme!

    Wow! Thanks sooo much Veronica! Excited to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such an amazing person your way of explaining this are short and amazing.Vero Beach Tutoring cute Garden and Chevron themed pack creation is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the work you have put into your nice blog. Bethesda Tutoring We will bookmark to your blog because it is very informational. We love the site and will come back to see your new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wanted to add a comment here to mention thanks for you very nice ideas.Academy in Oakland Park, Fl I appreciate when I see well written material.

    ReplyDelete